3 Seasonal Little Treat Boxes
(Holiday, Winter & Valentine's)
This year, little touches will help make spirits merry and bright, so I am creating more little treats to share. It is the perfect way to share a bit of joy, even with those I can not celebrate with in person.
This month's tutorial features 3 Seasonal Little Treat Boxes that you will love to create and your friends will be excited to receive. I have even included a short list of ideas for filling them!
Let's go create something cute and useful!
1. Snowflake Little Treat BoxDie cut 6" x 6" Snowflake Splendor Designer Series Paper (#153512) with the Little Treat Box Die. Fold on all score lines with a Bone Folder.
2. Fold Little Treat BoxFold the sides of the box in and tuck the tabs into the slot. If you slide the tab into the slot from the inside of the box the seam will be smooth and the tab won't stick out.
3. Finish Little Treat BoxThe Little Treat Box can be assembled without any adhesive, just using ribbon to tie the top of the box close. Or you can add a bit of adhesive to keep the front and back flaps upright without the ribbon being tied.
4. Die Cut SnowflakesDie cut Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper (#153513) and Night of Navy cardstock with the So Many Snowflakes Dies (#153565). Layer snowflakes and adhere to box with Glue Dots. Add a large Blue Adhesive-Backed Gem (#153547) to the center of the snowflakes. Tie the box closed with a 12" piece of Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (#151326).
5. Valentine's Little Treat BoxDie cut polka-dot Magenta Madness In Color 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper (#153070) with the Little Treat Box Die. Die cut scrap Early Espresso cardstock with the larger rectangle label die from the Little Treat Box Die set.
6. Stamp & Die CutStamp greeting from the Little Treats (#153376) stamp set on scrap Whisper White cardstock with Early Espresso ink. Stamp candy image around the left and bottom of the greeting with Magenta Madness ink. Stamp off three times before stamping to get a lighter version of this intense colour. Die cut with scalloped circle die from the Little Treat Box Dies.
7. Decorate Valentine's Treat BoxAssemble box and adhere the rectangle die-cut to the box front. Layer on the scalloped circle greeting with Stampin' Dimensionals. Add Magenta Madness 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots (#152480) to the label. Tie the box closed with a 12" piece of Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (#151326)
8. Create the TagStamp "thank you for coming" greeting on scrap Gray Granite cardstock with Cherry Cobbler ink. Die cut with small label die from the Little Treat Box Dies. Die cut scrap Gold and Silver Foil Sheets with the ornament dies.
9. Die Cut Plush Poinsettia VellumDie cut a 6" x 6" piece of Plush Poinsettia Vellum with the Little Treat Box Die. Fold and assemble the box. Fold a 10" piece of Whisper White 1/4" Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon (#151326) in half and thread both ribbon ends through the slots at the top of the box and the label starting at the back. Loop the ribbon ends back through the ribbon and tighten to close the box.
10. Add OrnamentsAdd the die-cut ornaments to the tag, front, and sides of box with Glue Dots.
Ideas for filling the Little Treat Box Dies:
* Candy: Mini Chocolates (Hershey's mini bars-4, mini Reese's peanut butter cups-3, Rolo-4), Ghirardelli squares-3, Mints-4, Peppermint disks-4
* Earrings and costume jewelry
* Lip balm tins or sticks
* Lego mini figures
* Hair clips
* Small craft items or embellishments
* Paper gift certificates
* Ear buds
* Mini pens or fun erasers or fun clips for school papers
TAKE ME BACK TO THE TOP